Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Baby needs Mommy needs

My little Loud Baby loves me. I know because she now regularly gives me hugs and gets all excited and makes high pitched happy noises when she sees me.

She needs me. 

Like today. I wanted to hug her, give her a big squeeze.

How annoying of me. She was obviously engaged in a terrific project which involved drooling (teeth are coming in, oh joy!) and staring at a plastic pink fork. So I kissed her little cheek and hugged her tight.

She pushed me away angrily. And resumed her inspection of pink cutlery.

I sighed and decided to use the bathroom while she was busy and all.

How annoying of me. She immediately got up, crying -you know, loudly- and demanding my immediate return.
 
I should really learn my place. Sit in the corner. Not too close but not too far either. Be ready for Loud Baby's needs.

But what about Mommy's needs?

I won't blab about sleep right now and other utopian desires. Maybe some other time.
I will be content with mentioning the fact that Mommies too need space.
And since physical space is pretty much a luxury nowadays (as the previous little story illustrates), I will say: Yay for blogs!

This will be my little space to organize my thoughts, jot down some memories, make fun of myself and share my ever-changing experience as a Mommy.

Because baby needs Mommy and Mommy needs to stay sane :)



P.S. I almost look like the lady in the picture with the perfect hair, super teeth and flawless make-up. Almost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment